Today when I was reading the Word of the Lord, I came across a passage that took on a new meaning for me today.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30
How many times have we went through life and felt that we are alone? I know I have done a lot of things that way. As I thought about this passage, I realized that I do not have to handle life alone. More importantly, I do not have to handle my weight loss alone either.
Losing weight is hard. Losing weight can drive a person nuts if you don’t take care of yourself mentally. But, we don’t have to do it alone. We have a God that is willing to support us and to be there for us.
How can we cast our burdens on Him during our weight loss?
- By committing our day to Him first thing in the morning.
- Confess your difficulties to the Lord. If you have cravings at 3 a.m., ask God to help you get back to sleep or find something to occupy your time.
- Pray for opportunities to exercise.
- When you get a craving, as you are drinking water, pray that the Lord will either take the feeling of hunger away or provide you with something healthy to eat.
- Remember that everything that you do to your body, you are doing to the temple of the Lord. Ask Him to show you ways to edify His temple.
Remember, when we do things, God is always there with us. We do not have to travel this journey alone. God is in control.